What happens to the body by eating eggs daily?

A beautiful sunset

Eggs have been a staple since time immemorial, and there’s a good reason they’re still on our menus and meals. Not only do they prepare a variety of dishes (boiled eggs, omelettes, poached eggs, etc.), but they are also a source of protein, calcium and many vitamins and nutrients. Here are some of the benefits of incorporating eggs into your diet.

1. It’s a nourishing treat

Despite their relatively small size, eggs pack a lot of nutrients and can be an important staple in a balanced diet.

A large boiled egg has 77 calories and contains:

Vitamins A, B5, B12, D, E, K and B6

folic acid





Six grams of protein

Five grams of healthy fats

“Eggs are a good source of protein (both white and yolks). They also contain heart-healthy unsaturated fats and are an excellent source of important nutrients, such as vitamin B6, B12 and vitamin D.”

2. Cholesterol Intake Affects Different People Differently

Yes, it’s true that eggs – especially the yolks – are high in cholesterol. A large egg contains approximately 186 mg of dietary cholesterol. However, before eliminating eggs from the menu, it is worth checking the nutritional guidelines provided by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). One study indicates that eggs do not raise cholesterol at all for about 70% of people. According to the researchers, cholesterol in the diet does not necessarily raise blood cholesterol. The remaining 30%, called “excessive responders,” can raise their total cholesterol and low-density lipoprotein (LDL) levels by eating eggs.

“As with any food, the key here is to eat in moderation,” says Hong, who is also a clinical professor of medicine at USC’s Keck School of Medicine.

3. Eggs increase good cholesterol

Eating eggs leads to higher levels of high-density lipoprotein (HDL), also known as “good” cholesterol. People with high HDL levels have a lower risk of heart disease, stroke, and other health problems. According to one study, eating two eggs a day for six weeks increased HDL levels by 10%.

4. Get some choline.

Choline is a water-soluble vitamin often grouped with the B vitamins. It is used to build cell membranes and helps produce signaling molecules in the brain. One hard-boiled egg contains about 147 mg of choline, or 27% of the daily value recommended by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

5. Eggs help preserve your eyesight

As we age, we need to take better care of our eyes. Egg yolks contain high amounts of lutein and zeaxanthin, beneficial antioxidants that help reduce the risk of cataracts and macular degeneration in the eyes. Eggs are also rich in vitamin A, which is good for eye health.

6. Some eggs are better for you

Omega-3s help lower triglycerides, which are a type of fatty lipid in the blood. That’s why eating omega-3 enriched eggs may be an option, especially if you don’t like other foods (fish, nuts, seeds) that are naturally high in omega-3 (if your triglyceride levels are below 150 you are doing well; and 150-199 is high; 200-499 is high; 500 and above is considered very high.)

7. Consume enough protein and amino acids

Getting enough protein in our diet is an important way to help keep our bodies healthy. Each egg contains about six grams of protein, as well as beneficial amino acids. Getting our serving of protein for the day can help manage weight, increase muscle mass, lower blood pressure, and also help our bones.

8. Heart

Despite what was believed in previous decades, there is no direct link between egg consumption and heart disease or stroke. But some studies show that people with diabetes who eat eggs increase their risk of developing heart disease. Some studies show that people who follow a low-carb diet and eat eggs have a lower risk of developing heart disease.

9. A Hearty Meal

You may have noticed that eating eggs for breakfast can keep you full longer – this is usually due to the higher protein content of eggs. Whether you have an omelet for breakfast or a hard-boiled egg for a snack, eggs can help fill you up after or between meals.



Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button