Bloating, heartburn, acidity … many of the inconveniences that we experience when we have difficulty in digestion. Good digestion is essential to feeling well and can take a while, as not all foods are digested at the same speed. If you have some Difficulty in digestionFollow these practical tips and find out Foods to eat to improve digestion.
What are easy to digest foods?
Some foods are more digestible and can be made even more special by cooking them differently.
Cooked fruits and vegetables
Once cooked, the fiber in fruits and vegetables is tender and easy to digest. in between The most recommended vegetable for good digestionWe find :
On the fruit side, bet on those that are better tolerated:
For effective digestion, fiber must be ingested. they are the best Foods that are well digested. They regulate transit and improve the intestinal flora Promote digestion. For a good digestion, add it to your shopping list High-fiber foods :
- Legumes (peas and beans)
- wholemeal bread
- Whole rice and pasta
- Almonds and dried fruits
- raw sound
- Oatmeal flakes
Yogurt, bread, vegetables, kombucha… So many foods that, once undergoing the process of lactic fermentation, are excellent for our health and for our gut microbiome. This method of preservation has many benefits and Foods fermented with milk are more digestibleAs sources of probiotics and prebiotics.
- Sourdough bread
- Dairy products
What are the benefits of fermented foods?
Digestion problems: foods to avoid
when some Food aids digestion and improving intestinal flora, others to be avoided when you have a rumbling stomach. Mainly fatty, fried or acidic foods, which can be very aggressive. Therefore, it is advised to avoid eating these foods:
- Raw fruit and apple
- fatty meat
- Soft drinks
- White bread
Stay hydrated to aid digestion
Water is an essential component of digestion as fiber must swell in the presence of water in order to be more digestible and develop in the intestines. In addition, the digestive system will be more efficient if you give it more fluids. So think about Drink enough water With at least 1.5 liters per day. You can also drink Fresh fruit juice (preferably homemade, with no added sugar), soups, and Digestive herbal tea. These are especially effective after a heavy meal, to stay hydrated and benefit from Drying and detoxifying properties of plants. bet on Chamomile herbal teaMint, fennel, rosemary or licorice Fight indigestion.
What foods should be eaten according to the time of day?
Another important component to consider Digestion Process : the time you eat. Simply because our bodies alternate between enzymatic and hormonal secretions and therefore do not digest well depending on the time of day.
At breakfast: in the morning, animal fats and proteins (butter, cheese, eggs, ham, milk, etc.) are better digested by the body.
At lunch: at noon, the body generally digests everything, but prefers proteins, starchy foods, and vegetables.
Afternoon tea: It is possible to have a snack or a sweet fruit in the afternoon.
At dinner: avoid in the evening Foods with a high glycemic index and carbohydrates, and instead choose a light meal (soup, vegetables, lean meat, etc.).
What cooking method to digest well?
all cooking methods Unequal, and some foods cooked differently may vary the digestion time in the stomach, or be more susceptible to it It causes digestive problems.
Cooking methods to improve digestion:
- Steam cooking: nutritional cooking par excellence, it preserves the taste and nutrients of food while making it soft and easy to digest.
- Cooking en papillote: This cooked papillote preserves the nutritional qualities and vitamins of the food. Meat and fish are allowed to be cooked in their own juices, without drying them out and without adding fat.
- Baking in the oven: It is characterized by being very practical and Make food more digestible Because they tend to dissolve. However, be careful when adding fats, as the oven can dry out the food, which can increase the glycemic index.
Cooking methods to avoid promoting digestion:
- Cooking in a pan or wok: very common in the kitchen, allows you to prepare many delicious recipes but the food remains crunchy, making it less digestible.
- Barbecue cooking: The higher the cooking temperature, the more difficult the food is to digest. Therefore, grilling should be avoided, especially since the meat will not be soft enough to be digested.
- Deep frying: It should definitely be avoided They suffer from digestive problemsFried foods will only exacerbate the situation because they include a combination of high temperature cooking, too much fat, and not soft enough foods.
The 5 foods you should never eat, according to the expert
This is the perfect sport to improve digestion