If you want to get rid of excess weight and maintain your health during pregnancy, there are weight loss exercises for pregnant women that are not dangerous and can be done easily.
It is common that sport and movement pose a threat to the health of the pregnant woman or the fetus, while many studies have proven and specialist doctors have confirmed that movement for pregnant women helps them to stay healthy. without severe physical pain, which means that weight loss exercises and diets for pregnant women can be followed without worry.
Weight loss exercises for pregnant women
With the difference in each mother’s situation, the practice of weight loss exercises for pregnant women remains safe, as well as simple exercise and movement in general, until the medical specialist decides that there is an emergency medical condition that requires complete rest out of fear. miscarriage and fetal loss, and many international health institutes recommend exercising for 30 to 45 minutes, either one minute of exercise per day or two and a half hours per week.
It is possible to follow weight loss exercises for pregnant women that help to keep the body in an active state, improve the digestion process, maintain a slim figure and cope with physical changes and potential weight gain during the pregnancy months. , which ranges from 12 to 18 kilograms in the normal range.
A pregnant woman can do these exercises:
- Fast walk.
- swimming exercises.
- Water aerobics.
- Yoga and meditation exercises.
- Lift light weights.
- Ride a stationary bike.
Diet for pregnant women. Weight loss or weakness and delirium?
Benefits of exercise during pregnancy
Following weight loss exercises for a pregnant woman helps her maintain her health. Sport and movement are essential for pregnant women, unless the doctor recommends rest. However, sport can help pregnant women to:
- Maintain your weight without increasing excessive amounts and follow normal weight gain rates for pregnant women.
- Exercise relieves common pregnancy problems, such as back pain, digestive problems, and swollen legs or ankles.
- Reduce the incidence of pregnancy complications, whether gestational diabetes or toxicosis.
- Do not exercise to the point of exhaustion and excessive sweating.
- It helps in natural childbirth and reduces the possibility of cesarean section.
- Meditation and yoga exercises during pregnancy can help control and reduce labor pain.
- Weight loss exercises during pregnancy can help reduce stress, anxiety, and stress, and improve sleep quality.
- And exercise can improve mood.
Here is the food program of a pregnant woman month by month. You can apply it during the months of pregnancy
Exercise tips for pregnant women
Exercise has a great benefit – as we have explained – on the general health of the pregnant mother and the fetus, but some indications must be taken into account to perform slimming exercises for pregnant women so that they do not lead to undesirable complications, including:
- Start with a 10-minute warm-up.
- Pregnant women should be able to talk while exercising, and when they feel out of breath they should stop immediately.
- Exercise gradually and don’t start with intense exercise, especially if you weren’t active before pregnancy.
- If all the pregnant slimming exercises exhaust you, you can settle for walking 30 minutes a day, or any simple physical activity possible.
- Drink plenty of fluids and stop vigorous exercise in hot weather.
- Rely on a trainer who knows the exercises for pregnant women, or be satisfied with the pregnant slimming exercises that we review for you.
- Avoid dangerous sports, such as horseback riding, cycling, gymnastics, skiing, and weightlifting
To ensure a safe pregnancy. Find out what is prohibited and authorized during pregnancy
Does exercise affect pregnancy in the first few months?
Of course, not all mothers are suitable for carrying out weight loss exercises for pregnant women, especially with the presence of health problems that may suffer from premature birth or when carrying twins or more, or in in case of cervical insufficiency, as well as in case of suffering from anemia and any of the heart or lung diseases.
The follow-up with the medical specialist helps to determine whether or not the pregnant woman is able to do the exercises, and during the first three months, she can follow weight loss exercises for the pregnant woman compatible with the situation and the condition. health, including:
- Simple walking or jogging for 30 minutes a day, with mobile hands.
- Do 30 minutes of yoga twice a week.
- Breathing exercises, stretching the abdomen to the maximum on inspiration, then bringing it back to normal on exhalation, and repeating the exercise 12 times.
- Aerobic exercise or movement dance.
Abdominal slimming exercises after caesarean section
Among the weight loss exercises for pregnant women following a caesarean section, these exercises can be performed:
- Stand with your feet open at an acute angle.
- Extend the arms in the air to the left and right sides.
- The tendency to touch the left hand to the right toe and then vice versa.
- Repeat the exercise 12 times.
2. Knee bend exercise
- You are lying on the ground.
- Lift your feet off the ground a little.
- Then bend the knee of your right foot and hold it with both hands, keeping the left foot straight and lifted for 10 seconds.
- Repeat with the left foot in the same way and repeat the exercise 5 times.
3. Foot exercise
- After lying on your back on a flat surface, you bend your knees.
- And keep your hands extended beside your body.
- You start lifting your knees together at a right angle in the air, then straighten them in the air.
- And so you repeat the exercise of bending the knee to its self about 10 times.
Abdominal and glute slimming exercises for women
Trying to maintain weight during pregnancy is possible by following weight loss exercises for pregnant women that can keep the body in a state of activity and agility, including:
1. Standing abs
- You stand upright and stretch your arms out in front of you in a straight position.
- Try to lift one of your feet off the floor and press down hard with the other on the floor.
- Stay in this state for about 15 minutes, then switch legs and repeat for 25 minutes.
2. Butt exercise
- It is possible to remain on the ground in the position of the cat, that is to say that the arms are straight, the palms touching the ground and the knees also.
- Raise your right foot as high as you can, then bring it back again and repeat the command 12 times.
- Then raise the left foot in the same way.
3. Exercise the feet and hands
- Stand with one foot back.
- The arms are stretched upwards, then you push the foot from the back forward towards the abdomen.
- With the arms down as if they were going to touch the knee.
- Repeat the exercise with the other foot about 10 times for each foot.
4. Pelvic floor exercise
- Stand tall and keep your feet as far apart as possible.
- Clasp the hands towards the chest, then lower the body with the feet open.
- Repeat the repetition about 12 times.
After any of the weight loss exercises for pregnant women, one should consult the specialist doctor and after making sure that the health condition of the pregnant mother and the fetus is stable and that there is no has no health risks or complications related to the practice of physical activity.