The 5 best sports for losing weight and staying fit, according to a Harvard study
Harvard university He presented a new study in which he analyzes the best options for losing weight without going to the gym. The question is exercise, at least 300 minutes a week, and try to get 8,000 steps a day.
The best exercises to lose weight
- swimming: The good thing about swimming is the number of styles it allows: front crawl, breaststroke, butterfly, backstroke… allowing full body movement without hurting the joints.
- Weight lifting: Strengthening muscles isn’t the only thing you get with this, bones are helped too. The best thing is the quality, rather than the amount of repetitions that can be done.
- boxing: A sport similar to swimming, but with joint damage. It helps with strength, especially with heart diseases.
- racquet sport: apart from tennis, which is more technically complex, be it racquetball, squash or table tennis. Above all, it aids upper body movement, and can be played at any age.
- Walking and jogging: Harvard indicates that 8,000 steps are needed a day, half an hour, five days a week, which is about 16 kilometers. In addition, it allows you to practice it anytime and anywhere.
- Yoga: perhaps the most famous, but it’s thriving. Harvard University itself explains that 60 obese people practiced two yoga sessions per week for 90 minutes for 12 weeks, while another group only dieted without practicing it, resulting in people who practiced yoga losing more weight than those who practiced it.
The best exercises to do at home
- Floor push-up.
- Wall push-up.
- Squat with arms forward.
- Step up.
- Gluteal bridge.
- Simple and crossed abdominal muscles.
- bike abs.
- a pair of scissors