Many trainers will tell you to lose weight you need to increase your cardio. But which one, how much, and for how long? Finally, are there any best cardio exercises for fat loss? Two fitness instructors decided to dig deeper into the question.
Fitness instructor and founder of the Pro Physique website Paul Revelia, an expert on steady-state cardio to help with fat loss, and strength and conditioning coach Stephen Beaugrand got together to explain what cardio is the best for fat loss.
Unfortunately, the answer is “it depends”.
Best cardio exercises for fat loss
First, the trainers determined what low-intensity (LISS), moderate-intensity (MISS) and high-intensity (HIIT) cardio exercises are which, in general, goes along with how hard the exercise is for your lungs and heart.
- LISS – cardio you can do for hours, and it’s not difficult to cure
- Miss – A bit more of a light intensity, an exercise in which you can carry on a conversation with someone next to you while performing the exercise
- HIIT – all-out intensity, followed by periods of moderate or low intensity depending on how you structure yourself (15-20 second interval)
Related Topics: Learn How to Lose Fat Faster
Later, the trainers were divided into categories to see which one is the best. Categories are:
- Time – the best bang for your buck
- Skill – Does it require a lot of skill to perform this exercise
- Recovery – Does it make you very sore or affect sleep
- Interference – The more cardio you do, the more it will interfere with your ability as a strength athlete
- Fuel – The amount of calories you burn are caused by fats, proteins and carbohydrates
- Enjoyment – Do you enjoy doing that cardio?
when it comes to b Commitment to time, HIIT is the best cardio workout for fat loss Because if you do any other exercise, either LISS or MISS for the same amount of time, you won’t burn as many calories.
Regarding skill, if required skills To perform this type of cardio activity, then The winner is LISS and MISS Because they are very low skilled. Examples of both trainers used here are walking (LISS) and jogging or cycling (MISS).
taking into consideration recovery A side of cardio, if it hurts weight training or whatever else you do. In this case, it depends on what else you do outside of the heart. If you’re sedentary and work at a desk, HIIT is probably right for you because it won’t negatively affect the rest of your day. Otherwise, if you do any sport or other activity that is extra cardio, then Not the best.
for the next topic, confusionAgain, it depends on what your goal and lifestyle are. “Being good at cardio and being a good bodybuilder don’t necessarily go hand in hand,” Bogrand says. Therefore, MISS has the greatest interference effect because it takes a lot of time and can hinder your recovery. Southwest LISS or HITT is what you want.
Depending on the intensity of the exercise, there is a difference in where you are fuel It comes from, whether you’re burning fat or carbs or using protein to keep going. when using LISS or MISS will burn more fatwhile when using Multiply you will burn more carbs.
Who cares about the best cardio exercises for fat loss? “If you don’t like it, you’ll try to do it, but you won’t stick to it.” In the end, find what you like the most and do it.
If you have more questions about the best cardio exercises for fat loss, check out the video below from Revelia and Beaugrand.
Video – The best cardio exercises for fat loss
Read more: The perfect exercise for weight loss