The Argentine striker has a secret to continuing at the highest level, his diet and his training.
Football has evolved so much that now it is not enough to have good technique and characteristics, it is also necessary to eat a healthy diet that works to keep the body in perfect condition, which is why players like Lionel Messi follow a strict diet and exercises. that allows them to continue in the game. The highest level.
We’re talking about La Pulga, one of the best footballers of all time, who is 34 years old and looks like he’s just getting started. For this reason, we at GOAL tell you all the secrets the Argentinian has to keep fit.
Macy’s diet is also known as the mediterranean diet or super petrol and consists of consuming organic foods.
The foods allowed are raw grains, fresh fruits and vegetables in season, sources of fat, carbohydrates rich in fiber, magnesium and phosphorus, and oily fish.
This way of eating appeared in the life of the flea after the end of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. The Argentine traveled to Italy to change his habits. He visited nutritionist Guiliano Poser to get rid of all the toxins in his body and turn it into an unstoppable machine.
What does Messi eat?
The most important thing in the diet is to process food as little as possible. The attacker had to cut back on barbecue and pizza, Argentina’s delicacies, to the limit. All of that has been replaced with the following:
1.5 liters of water for every kilogram lost after exercise. To maintain hydration, infusion drinks, such as tea or mate, are also allowed.
- Use extra virgin olive oil and nuts.
- Anchovies, mackerel, sardines, swordfish, dogfish, herring, tuna
- Pasta and rice
- Fruits such as apples, bananas, mangoes, melons, pineapples, melons, plums, figs, and apricots.
- Vegetables of natural origin, preferably with green leaves: Swiss chard, spinach, lettuce, watercress, watercress, broccoli, turnip and hot pepper.
- Dairy products such as cheese and yogurt as a source of protein.
- Eggs, for being a source of nutrients and vitamins.
Among all this, Messi had to give up refined flour and sugar and cut red meat consumption to a minimum.
The exercises Messi does to stay in shape
Since he was in Barcelona, Messi has been doing post-training sessions in the gym to strengthen his body and be more agile on the pitch. These exercises are:
- enemy series
- Jumps and squats
- The series with dumbbells, bars and equipment to keep the legs toned
- Stretching exercises, especially the hamstrings
This is how strict Lionel Messi’s diet can be, but with discipline, it works, otherwise look at the seven Ballons d’Or that the Argentine star has won throughout his career.
with target information.
Leave a Reply