What is the context?
projects fundecit Their goal is to stimulate and promote the development of basic scientific and technological research, as indicated on the ministry’s website at Ministry of Science, Technology, Knowledge and InnovationThe entity that delivers this money, which is considered the most important of this kind in the state through National Agency for Research and Development (ANID).
How is the process?
As they relate to the calls, hundreds of projects arrive from all universities and research centers in the country, which are evaluated by ANID with grades, to be subsequently awarded.
What are the achievements of UCM?
It was in these recent invitations, published in January of this year, that he was MCU Provide happy accounts by rewarding himself Six regular and seven starting fondecytwhich represents the work of academics in the institution, which contributes to the scientific and technological promotion of the campus and the development of innovation and technology transfer in the region and the country.
What did they say of the Catholic University on the Mall?
It was Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Studies at UCM Dr. Hernan MoreiraWho evaluated these results indicating that “We are very pleased that they were in different fields and this will allow us to benefit from and strengthen research projects with doctorates and academics in monasteries.”
What is its relationship to the educational institution?
The authority confirmed this «For the university, Fondecyt competitions are relevant, both regular and junior, and they are also added to the international link funds, so we have three big areas in which we have received excellent news that allow us to advance in being a more complex university.
What about the evaluation process?
from University Planning and Development DepartmentThey also paid tribute to these 13 Fondecyt awards through his director, Doctor Victor San Martin. “For the university, these awards mean maintaining the upward level reached in 2022, and allow a positive projection of the gradual increase in research productivity… It is a positive result, if we compare our history in this matter and helps us a lot to prove quality. I think we, as a university, We must focus on creating enabling conditions so that academic teams can design award-winning projects.”As he claimed.
What are the awarded projects?
- Dr. Aparna Banerjee: “Bioactive bacterial polysaccharides from hot springs in Chile as potential food additives”.
- Dr.. Claudio Garrido: “Historical Syntactic Transformations in the Differential Lexicon of Chilean Spanish”.
- Dr. Fernando Cordova: Overcoming current limitations of understanding, tracking, and prediction of infectious disease epidemics, and discussing and exploring a new strategic epidemiological mathematical model.
- Dr. Jose Niva: Automating bee recognition of buzz-pollinated crops using computational bioacoustics.
- Dr. Maria Aravena: “Mathematical Modeling and Case Method for the Integration of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. A Diversity Attendance Proposal in a Secondary Classroom.”
- Dr. Rodrigo Andler: Biodegradation analysis of various vulcanized rubber mixtures and major tire additives.
- Patricia Silva: “Understanding the variation in associations of paired root plants and their fungal state along large-scale latitude and elevation gradients”.
- Paul Medina: “How did extinct Chilean animals move? Validating lines of evidence for the construction of morphofunctional spaces applied to terrestrial tetrapods”.
- Carolina Henriquez: Teaching geometry in secondary education: A study and contributions to the transfer of classroom teaching practice to the initial formation of teachers of mathematics.
- Eric Hernandez: “Design of rhodopsin-based phototransducers for optogenetic applications by multiscale modeling”.
- John Lopez: Single-fractal modeling of uncertainty estimates in the classification process of cardiovascular disease using short time series.
- Paula Rodriguez: A qualitative study of the social production of physical and social space in three popular neighborhoods in Talca (2000-2020).
- Alexis Castillo: “Assessment of geochemical indicators to infer current and past changes in hydrographic conditions in the coastal ecosystem of central Chile (~35°S)”.
Leave a Reply