It is important for a pregnant woman to eat healthy and beneficial foods during pregnancy, to ensure that the pregnancy continues and that the child receives all the nutrients it needs to grow in the womb. this task. Where bananas contain many minerals and vitamins, and for this reason, eating bananas is beneficial for the pregnant woman and the fetus. Meeting and nutrition consultant Dr. Mahmoud Rizk for explanation and detail.
Benefits of bananas for pregnant women
Bananas provide minerals, vitamins and many essential nutrients, which have multiple benefits for both the pregnant woman and the fetus, including:
- Nausea and vomiting are common during the first trimester of pregnancy, and eating bananas helps to significantly reduce nausea and combat vomiting.
- Bananas are rich in vitamin B6, a vitamin that can help reduce these symptoms to a great extent, especially when combined with the antihistamine doxylamine.
- Prevent birth defects and premature births..because bananas are a good source of folic acid, which is essential for fetal brain and spinal cord development.
- One of the benefits of bananas for pregnant women is that they provide plenty of dietary fiber and potassium, which helps keep the digestive system working properly, stimulate bowel movements, relieve constipation, and reduce flatulence. .
- Read more: Treatment of acidity during pregnancy in the first months
Provide a quick energy boost
- Due to the fact that bananas contain a high percentage of carbohydrates and simple sugars, such as: glucose, fructose and sucrose, which can be quickly received by the body to provide an immediate increase in energy to the woman pregnant.
- Read more: Components of a healthy breakfast dish for pregnant women
Treatment of anemia
- Bananas contain iron and vitamin C, which are necessary for the absorption of iron in the body. Therefore, bananas can increase its levels in the body and fight anemia during pregnancy. Additionally, iron deficiency is the most common cause of low hemoglobin levels. and anemia in pregnant women.
- Read more: Benefits and harms of elderberries for pregnant women
- Bananas are a rich source of antioxidants that help fight free radical damage in the body and protect against cell damage. They also play an important role in improving the immune system of the fetus. Bananas are rich in vitamin C, which is an antioxidant that can increase immunity levels in a pregnant woman and help prevent infection.
Strengthens the bones
- Bananas are an excellent source of calcium which is essential for the development of strong bones in babies and mothers, and is also important for regulating muscle contraction in the body.
Helps in the development of the baby’s nervous system
- One of the benefits of bananas for pregnant women is that they are a rich source of water-soluble vitamin B6, which is essential for the development of a child’s central nervous system.
- Regular consumption of bananas during the first trimester can benefit the baby’s brain and nerve development.
- Rich in potassium: which helps relax muscles and reduce their contraction, and relieves back and leg pain that occurs in pregnant women.
- One of the benefits of bananas for pregnant women is that they are a natural pain reliever and help reduce the feeling of anxiety that often happens to pregnant women.
Other Benefits of Bananas for Pregnant Women
- Reduce the risk of water retention during the second and third trimesters of pregnancy.
- Regulate blood pressure levels in the body.
- Prevent acidity and heartburn.
- Maintain healthy skin.
The Recommended Amount of Bananas…and the Harms of Too Much of Them
- Bananas are rich in nutrients, which makes them safe and healthy, as long as they are eaten in moderation, i.e. one to two medium-sized bananas per day during pregnancy.
- Although bananas offer many benefits and nutrients, it’s a good idea to consult your doctor before considering including them in your daily diet.
- But you should…avoid eating bananas if you have gestational diabetes because bananas can increase sugar levels in the body.
- Refrain from eating bananas if you are allergic to bananas…and eat organic fruit instead, as most bananas available are artificially ripened with chemicals.
- Eat fresh, clean bananas, and avoid fruit that has been left out for several days, as it tends to attract fruit flies. Do not eat bananas that are very ripe – black level – or misshapen.
Note from “Madame Net”: Before applying this recipe or treatment, you should consult a specialist.
Leave a Reply